Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The making of Sereascene banner


This was the beginning creation of the Serena’s Scene banner. It started with a great free software program, paint.net. Paint.net is like a free version of Adobe Photo Shop. You work layer by layer. It might not have all the bells and whistles as adobe, but hey….it’s free and it does the job. The other program I used was site spinner. This is a web site building software.

This is by no means a tutorial, just a glance at all the steps it took to create this banner for my fledgling website. Banners are so important because it obviously is the first image a person will see when they visit your blog or website. Choosing my font was pretty easy, but when it came to choosing the color for the background, well that just drove me absolutely insane. I wanted just the right hue, just the right tone and value. You want every little detail to reflect a part of you and the feel of your blog or web site.

Site Spinner has a color wheel with numbers associated with each shade and value, so it is important that you remember the color number

so you can match it to your other web pages. I suggest you keep a note book and journal every part of the process, even the mistakes, trust me… you will need to refer to the steps you took later on.

next, I chose my clip art and graphics. You should have your font, clip art and graphics work together in unison. For my graphic I chose my favorite ...flourishes. I love the free flowing movement which is also why I chose birds for my clip art.

Now for the final step, I added some photos of my work. As you can see, making a banner is a time consuming process and it does take a lot of trial and error until you to get just the right look and feel you want to portrait.


No comments: